Set your own pace.
There are so many ways to enjoy Lake Michigan Shore Wine Country. Make it a romantic escape with your lover. Wander the countryside with friends. Tour the vineyards and wine cellars with your children. Take a wine cooking class. Or meet new friends amidst the grape-stomping, music-filled fun of our wine festivals. To plan your itinerary, click on each winery below for a brief description and directions. Or truly relax, and take a guided tour with a private driver.
Tips for planning your tour
- Call ahead to schedule your tasting. When planning your trip to wine country, not all wineries can accommodate groups (10 or more), without advance notice. Please call the winery at least 5 to 7 days prior to schedule your tasting.
- Travel safely. Please designate or hire a driver who will not consume alcohol.
- Limit your visits to 4 - 5 wineries per day. It will give you time to enjoy each experience.
- Avoid wearing strong perfumes or colognes. That way you can distinguish each wine’s aroma/bouquet.
- There’s no obligation. You don’t have to drink all the wine in your tasting glass. If you don’t like the taste, simply pour out the wine and sample something else.
- Don't be afraid to ask questions. If you want to know the difference between Pinot Noir and Merlot (or answers to any other wine question), just ask! We’ll happily explain.
- Bring home your favorite vintages. When you find wines you like, you may purchase them for your personal enjoyment or to give as gifts.